Beaufort County Health Department's mission is to protect public health and enhance the quality of life by striving to improve the health and wellness of the community
Services provided by the Beaufort County Health Department directly impact everyone in the county by helping to prevent communicable and chronic health problems.
The North Carolina General Statute 130A-1.1 states all citizens in North Carolina should have equal access to Essential Public Health Services.
- is the practice of disease detection and prevention in populations
- is the art and science of protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease and injury prevention
- helps improve the health and well-being of people in local communities, across the nation and throughout the world
- helps people achieve healthier lifestyles
Here’s just a few of the things Beaufort County Public Health staff does to keep you and your family safe and healthy!
- Inspects restaurants, public school cafeterias, public swimming pools, and septic systems
- Monitors, investigates, and implements control measures for communicable diseases
- Provides education to the public to make healthier lifestyle choices
Programs and Services Provided:
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Control
- Care Coordination for Children
- Communicable Disease Control
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Health Education and Promotion
- HIV and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Maternal Health
- Pregnancy Care Management
- Tuberculosis Control
For more information concerning the Beaufort County Health Department: