The Clerk of the Board performs numerous duties in fulfilling its charge to provide support to the Board of Commissioners and information to the public.
Other duties of the Clerk of the Board includes:
- Serves as the clearing house for all matters requiring the review or executive action of the governing authorities of the County of Beaufort.
- Provides processing and dissemination of all board directives, policies and laws of the County’s legislative branch.
- Provides members of the public with agendas, notices of public hearings, access to public records and the opportunity to attend the open meetings of the Board of Supervisors, certain special districts, boards and authorities.
- By State statute, the Clerk of the Board accepts claims and demands against the county, issues licenses and franchises, administers property tax appeals
- Manages the conflict of interest code for numerous governmental agencies